Letting Your Property
Whatever the size of your property or portfolio, North London Estates will tailor our service to your needs. The objective is to make the whole procedure simpler and easier – by taking away all the time-consuming administration and work involved with the letting and management of your property.
Over the past twenty years the private property investment market has increased dramatically, with many seeing the buy-to-let market as their safest savings option. Property millionaires have been created, but without professional care and advice this is an area that can still spring nasty and expensive surprises. Our experience can help you avoid the pitfalls and realise the full potential of any opportunity that arises.
The benefits of our service start even before a viewing is arranged. On our initial visit we recommend the best way to present your property, as well as advising on the ideal tenant and how to attract the maximum rent. We then help you ensure that it complies with all relevant legislation and – an all-important element – work out the most effective marketing strategy. Our website and extensive internet marketing are supplemented by local press advertising to achieve maximum exposure for your property – giving it the best chance of a profitable and speedy letting.
Anatomy of a successful letting
• All viewings are agreed by prior arrangement with you and conducted by our letting staff.
• Offers and developments are relayed immediately and backed up with weekly reports.
• On receiving an acceptable offer, all tenants are vetted and credit reference checks are carried out.
• Tenancy terms are agreed and the appropriate legal documentation drawn up and signed.
• We will arrange for rent to be paid by standing order.
• After liaising with you, we arrange for the appropriate deposit holding option.
• We will inform all utility companies of the new tenancy.
• Tenancy information is then entered on to our property management system. This allows us to contact you and the tenant in good time to negotiate the best possible renewal terms – or to return the property to the market promptly, thus minimising the period it is unoccupied.
Many people do not have the time, inclination or resources to deal with the day-to-day running of a tenanted property and prefer to have it professionally managed – indeed 80% of our landlords take advantage of this service.
Tenants, too, appreciate the benefits of a managed tenancy. In fact, the vast majority of our corporate tenants, as well as a significant number of individual clients, will only rent professionally managed properties.
North London Estates are open from 9am-5.30pm Monday to Friday. For your convenience, we are also available early in the morning and late in the evening for viewing purposes.
Please call us on: 020 7160 0484