Buying In London: 12 Steps
Buying London Property
North London Estates makes the process of buying a London property as easy and as seamless as possible.
Why buy property with North London Estates?
With Us you get:
• Local knowledge – most of our staff live locally and will tell you everything you need to know about the area
• Choice – with years of experience you get access to the best properties on the market and best advice
• Peace of mind – our experienced staff will guide you through your purchase from start to finish
If you’ve been through the process you know that buying a London property is not easy. Even if you have done it before, it is useful to have a checklist to hand to see what stage you are at.
This is our 12-step guide to buying your new home:
1. Work out your budget – this will depend on how much cash you have available to put into the property and how much you can borrow (if you are getting a mortgage). It is worth speaking to a mortgage broker at this stage so you can get a ‘mortgage offer in principle’. This will allow you to move quickly once you find something to buy.
2. Set your criteria – are you after a flat or a house, how many bedrooms do you want, is a garden or balcony a necessity?
3. Choose the area you want to live in – view properties through our website and find one you like.
4. Make an offer through North London Estates and have it accepted.
5. Finalise your mortgage (if you need one).
6. Arrange a survey to check the condition of the property.
7. Instruct a solicitor to do all the paperwork – this can sometimes take a few days as they will need to do Money Laundering checks on you. You can save time by instructing your solicitor before your offer has been accepted. It will also help if you have your Money Laundering documents ready – passport or driving licence, and a utility bill or bank statement not more than six months’ old.
8. Exchange contracts
9. Pay your deposit
10. Book removers or hire a van
11. Legal completion – the property is now yours
12. Move in!
The first step is to register with us by calling, or pop in to our office. When you register, we will find out from you what sort of London property you are looking for and what your budget is. We will then arrange for you to view any available properties.
If you want to make an offer to buy a property you have seen, we will put it forward to the seller. Once a sale is agreed, we can help you find a solicitor and mortgage adviser. We will keep in touch with you throughout the whole process until the home is yours and you can move in.
North London Estates are open from 9am-5.30pm Monday to Friday. For your convenience, we are also available early in the morning and late in the evening for viewing purposes.
Please call us on: 020 7160 0484